Buckinghamshire Council would like your thoughts on the proposed upgrade work between the Paradise Orchard/Sir Henry Lee Crescent junction and the Rabans Lane junction on the busy A41 Bicester Road, Aylesbury.
Plans can be viewed at https://yourvoicebucks.citizenspace.com/highway-projects/a41-aylesbury-consultation for the next four weeks. Residents and businesses can complete an online feedback form until the closing of the consultation on 15th February.
A live MS Teams Online Presentation and a Q & A session on Thursday 28th January between 18:00–19:30, where members of the project team will run through the proposed highway changes and answer any queries and comments. If you would like to be invited to the A41 Bicester Road Online Presentation please email Buckinghamshire Council’s team mailbox on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The construction work is scheduled to begin this summer with the aim of making travel in and out of our town easier and quicker for public transport passengers and other road users. The proposed changes include:
· The Jackson Road/Dickens Way junction will be signalised and linked to the existing signals at the Paradise Orchard/Sir Henry Lee Crescent junction.
· The existing eastbound bus lane will be relocated further eastwards so it terminates just before the Jackson Road/Dickens Way junction, allowing buses to avoid a lot of the peak time queues.
· An extra eastbound lane between the Jackson Road/Dickens Way junction and the Rabans Lane junction.
· Improvements to pedestrian crossings,
· and installation of Real Time Passenger Information units at bus stops.